Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Howard Averbach

My name is Howard Averbach; I'm from Pittsburgh, PA.
 
My father, Louis I. Averbach, who is now 95 years old, was an administrative officer in the Army Air Corps, stationed at Boca Raton Air Field in 1942 & 43, then in 1944 & 1945 served in India.
 
I'm writing a history of my father's service, after finding his Army 201 file and combining that original documentation with the information and stories he has been telling me.
 
I'm writing to you because I found your website in my search for the USS Gen. Wm. Mitchell, which is the ship my father sailed on when he left the US from VA in August 1944 and arrived in Bombay India, October 1944.
 
I have the original schematic diagram of the ship, bunking orders, etc.
 
Only a page or two of my work focuses on the trip from VA to Bombay, including why it took so long and some of his experiences aboard; however, if YOU are writing the history of the USS Gen Mitchell, my documents may be of great interest to you.
 
Howard Averbach
 

No comments:

Post a Comment